Saturday 29 December 2012

Holiday Happenings

A belated happy holidays/merry Christmas to you all - I did mean to do a post before Christmas etc, but the chaos of wrapping presents and calming down feral children got in the way ;o) We had a brilliant couple of days catching up with family and friends, drinking and eating way too much and general festivities. We did Christmas lunch at my parents house (complete with all my siblings and their partners, one of my cousins, and my Grandma). Chaotic but lovely :o)

We even managed to get a photo of four generations of women - my mum, my little girl, me and my Grandma (Dad's mum).


Boxing day was a bit more relaxed - we had a bunch of our closest friends over for a BBQ and drinks. Loads of fun had by all! Since then we've been having heaps of family time (Chris is on holidays for a few weeks which is awesome!) We don't have a zoo in Tasmania - but we do have ZooDoo which is a small (kind of lame) version. Think baby farm animals, Australian native animals and a few tigers and lions ;o) We visited yesterday.


Zoe was pretty smitten with the albino wallabies :o)

Apart from the whole Christmas shenanigans, I have managed to do a bit of quilty stuff in the last week - a bit of work on the patterns I'm testing, and a start on my Birds and Bees Colour Blocks quilt. This one is a free pattern by the amazing Tula Pink. I don't think I've ever been so excited about a quilt actually - it's going to be a giant bed quilt for us.  


Just to give you an idea of scale these two sections take up the entire width of my design wall (about 50"). It's going on the back burner for a while now while I catch up on bee blocks and finish pattern testing. 

I hope everyone has had/is having a wonderful holiday, 

xx Jess



7 comments:

Jennifer said...

oh oh i'm making this one too!!! I havent ordered my solids yet though haha.. soon!

Alyce @ Blossom Heart Quilts said...

Wow, that's a big quilt! Lookin good though :)

Catherine said...

Love your quilt Jess. Glad you had a lovely Christmas

Charlotte said...

eeeeeeeep baby wallaby!!!! Loving the quilt beginnings - can't wait to see more :-D

Jess @ Scrappy n Happy said...

Love the peek of the quilt, going to check out the link now :)

grapes and hearts said...

Whoo, that quilt looks so nice! Great pattern to show off large scale prints ;o)

Katy Cameron said...

Sounds like fun! Was Chris able to have a good Christmas eve? ;o)