All my quilting choices have been quite deliberate. The biggest thing at the back of my mind with this quilt is to accentuate the piecing as much as possible, so I've left quite a few areas unquilted, and mostly free motion quilted simple straight lines and fan shapes. The only area I've deviated from that is in the citrus green in the centre star - and I'm planning on using spirals and pebbles later in the quilting, so I wanted to echo that in the centre.
For the first border, I used Aurifil 50wt in a light grey and triple stitched along each of the grey lines in the print. It's given it a really subtle texture, without taking away from the fabric design.
I have quilted in the ditch around the triangles, and then echo quilted out into the background areas.
The main point of insanity comes in the black/teal border. I decided to quilt along both sides of the black lines in black thread - again very subtle but has given it a really gorgeous texture. The squares in the design are left unquilted, so they pop up quite nicely.
I am enjoying quilting this one as much as I enjoyed piecing it - quilting each border differently is keeping it interesting :o)
Off to keep working on this while the hubs is off getting his geek on playing Warhammer...