Saturday 1 December 2012

December? Really?

I'm in total denial that 2012 is nearly over. November flew past for me - but I did manage to get a reasonable amount done this month. 

My big finishes were Emma's quilt:


And my Spinning Canoes cushion (despite the size this one took a loooong time to make. It was total insanity to paper piece sixty four 3" blocks).


And a shed load of blocks - some for bees, some as part of the How Far Will You Go? QAL I'm co-hosting (and am very behind on - tomorrow will hopefully see me caught up ;o) ) 


So all in all quite a productive month. December is already looking incredibly busy between teacher gifts, bee blocks and QAL catching up. And whatever else I start making (inevitable really, with my inability to stay on task ;o) ). 

I'm linking up with Fresh Sewing Day at Lily's Quilts (button on sidebar) - one of my favorite linky parties (probably because it's the one through which I have met so many wonderful bloggy friends!)

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

xx Jess

14 comments:

Chez Roo said...

Gorgeous mosaic! I love the pillow so much!

Adrianne @ On the Windy Side said...

Oh, I love your cushion so much. It actually inspired me to make up my own tippecanoe based star, for a cushion for my brother. I think you did a fabulous job on Emma's quilt as well - I HATE unpicking, so I'm impressed that you went to the effort of unpicking FMQ.

Sarah said...

Those are two really beautiful makes! Especially love the cushion, even if you must be a bit crackers to do it... ;-)

Susan said...

I'd say very productive! Love Emma's Quilt- I love pink and grey together!

Charlotte said...

so, I've been stalking the postman but the chicopee cushion still hasn't arrived. It's very strange. Perhaps you should make another one and send that, just in case.

memmens said...

Gorgeous blocks and Emma's quilt is so pretty and delicate - well done

Nic said...

Emma's quilt looks great. The palette you've chosen is so elegant. Works really well

Pat Merkle said...

Great work. I love the quilting on Emma's quilt.

Catherine said...

Wow Jess, you have done loads: and all lovely

Ramona said...

Emma's quilt is gorgeous and I can see that spinning canoes looks very detailed. Lovely

Leanne said...

I love Emma's quilt! It is so beautiful, as are all the blocks. That pillow is the best, I may well have to copy you as that is one of my favourite blocks.

Quilting In The Cold said...

Wow! What a fabulous month of makes. I love love love your quilting on Emma's quilt and obviously the cushion is gorgeous!

Katy Cameron said...

Love all the makes (and that pp insanity is the kind of thing I get myself into too ;o) )

Kirsten said...

Beauitful blocks - I really love your pillow too!