I don't know about you, but for me this year is absolutely flying past. And cliched as it is, I honestly can't believe we are at the end of March already. April is a HUGE month for me - I'm travelling over to Melbourne for the Australiasian Quilt Convention (AQC) in the middle of the month, as part of the Frangipani Fabrics team. As well as working in our booth, I'll be teaching a Make and Take class which I'm ridiculously excited about - I'll share more about that as soon as I can ;o). If you're coming along to AQC, please come and say hi at the Frangipani Fabrics booth!
As a host, I'm not eligible to link up for prizes (sadly, we have an amazing list of sponsors!), but I am playing along this year anyway. For Quarter 1, I was reasonably sensible and only had two quilts I hoped to finish. I did get one of these done - my Aviatrix Medallion, which was an epic finish for me. The second has actually been started (I shared the beginning of it yesterday) - but it will carry across into Quarter 2...
- April 1 - Leanne - She Can Quilt - Improv Herring Bone Table Runner
- April 2 - Cindy - Fluffy Sheep Quilting - Napkins
- April 3 - Nicky - Mrs. Sew and Sow - Quilt as You Go Technique
- April 4 - Jennie - Clover & Violet - TBD
- April 5 - Rhonda - Rhonda's Ramblings - Enhancement to Pillowcases
- April 6 - Stacey - SLO Studio - Canada - Fabric Printing
The 2016 Q1 link for your finishes is now open below on my blog and on each of the hosting blogs - you only need to link on one blog for your finish to appear on each blog. Link-up "rules"
- Add one link for each Q1 finish. If you want to link a round up post of all your finishes, use that link to enter one of your finishes and then link the rest of your finishes separately. Please, only one link per finish, as your link is an entry into the randomly drawn prize draws.
- Please use the 2016 FAL button or the hashtag #2016FAL
- Please ensure that the photo or blog post you link up contains a link or reference back to your original Q1 list so that we can verify your entry.
- Please become part of the FAL community. Please check out the links of others and comment. We all need encouragement so let's applaud each other. The 2016 FAL Facebook page is here and follow us on Instagram @finishlong and tag your photos #2106FAL.
- Our hosts will also link their finishes to share in the community, but they are not eligible for any of the prizes.
The Q1 Finishes link will stay open from now thru April 7 - link up your finishes early and if you have a last minute one, add that one later so you don't miss out. The prizes will be awarded as soon as we can verify all the entries and do the drawings. We will post the winners on each host blog. It's also time to start making your Q2 FAL lists as the Q2 list link opens on April 8 - and you're more than welcome to join us in Q2 regardless of whether you've joined up in Q1 or not :o). I have quite a few quilts I'd like to knock over in Q2, so it might be a slightly more ambitious list than Q1!!!