Tuesday 30 April 2013

Queen scrappy

Follow my blog with Bloglovin I've been using bloglovin' a bit, but didn't realise I had to claim it anyway... So here we are!

 May is my month to be queen in Scrappy? Sew Bee It and I've been stressing deliberating for the last few weeks about what block to choose (thanks Nicky for putting up with my whinging!). One I kept coming back to is the fabulous winged square block (using the excellent tutorial by my friend Amy). So last night I decided I should put one together (you know, just in case they are too horrible to make ;o). )

It came together reasonably quickly - the worst part (as always) was trimming all the HSTs. So my lucky (?) bee mates get to make one for me :o)


I'm asking for one half to be red, orange or yellow, and the other half to be black or grey with low volume background (doesn't have to be prints, but I do love a good LV print!) I'm super excited about this one - mostly because I won't have to make all those HSTs myself ;o)

Oh, just an update too - quite a few people were interested in a value tutorial. I am slowly working on one, I even worked out how to do screen shots (finally) but it's taking longer than I thought. Once the kids are back at school next week I'll hopefully get it finished up :o)

xx Jess


10 comments:

Amy Friend said...

Oh goodness, every time I see someone use this tutorial I cringe because my blocks are still in a pile waiting for me. I must get to them this summer.

Susan at TheBoredZombie.com said...

Sometimes, I dont realize how connected we are to the world via blogs! I see you post is dated Tuesday and it is a few hours from Tuesday here. Where in the world are you located?

I love your block! Having the surprise of how other people interpret it should be a real blast.

Needled Mom said...

That is a fabulous choice. I can't wait to see them.

Alyce @ Blossom Heart Quilts said...

LOL! Amy's tutorial is very popular for bee blocks, and her's are still in a pile, love it! Tis the danger of being in a bee, hey?!

Susan said...

I've had the pleasure of making these blocks- they are great fun, even if they require lots of trimming- well worth it!

Annabella said...

It's perfect as a bee block Jess and you will have a stunning quilt. I love your colour palette too :)

sarah elizabeth :: {no} hats said...

This is fantastic! You totally deserve the scrappy crown, madame la reine ;) And great color directives -- might have to borrow those for a quilt of my own one day!

Katy Cameron said...

Bwahahaha, bee blocks are the ideal arena for blocks you wouldn't make an entire quilt's worth of yourself :oD

Nat at Made in Home said...

Great choice!

Darren Demers said...

Oh, just an update too - quite a few people were interested in a value tutorial. I am slowly working on one, I even worked out how to do screen shots (finally) but it's taking longer than I thought. Once the kids are back at school next week I'll hopefully get it finished up :o)
wordpress developer vancouver ,
web development agency vancouver ,