Monday 22 April 2013

More Bee Blocks

I have finally caught up! This is the first time ever that I've had all my bee blocks done on time - it's a good feeling (I hate having things hanging over my head, and always feel really guilty that when they're late).

March Scrappy Sew Bee It? queen was Debra, who asked for boats and lighthouses on a white background.


Boat block

April queen was Nicky, who is a clever clogs and designed these blocks to work perfectly with charm squares (see her tutorial here). I used some of my charms from the Indian Summer charms Jenelle organised last year.


Nicky's April blocks

And finally, Bron's second block for AusMod bee. This one caused a few headaches to be honest - it's not as perfect as I'd like, so I'm thinking I'll make a third one and she can decide whether to use this one or not.


Bronwyn's block #2

I've started quilting my Retro Flowers too - I'm hoping to have some progress pics on that later in the week!

Hope everyone is having/had a great weekend.

xx Jess

16 comments:

Deborah said...

Your blocks are just beautiful!! All of your bee mates will be thrilled.

Kristy @ Quiet Play said...

Lots of lovelies here! Well done on catching up on all your bee blocks!

Alyce @ Blossom Heart Quilts said...

Fabulous blocks!! Love the 2nd lot - nice and colourful!

Jessica said...

Very pretty!! I especially LOVE the first one!

Bronwyn said...

Jess why the headache with my block? I truly Love it! Great Job!! So much more than I could imagine :)

Susan said...

That AusMod block does look tricky but from here you've done a great job! Being all caught is a good feeling!

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Some lovely blocks, and you're up to date? Must be time to join another bee?

Di said...

Nice bee blocks and they are all so different. Nice work. Di x

cat and vee xoxo said...

fabulous blocks Jess! Love the sailing boat, great fabrics. And I'm going to go check out the charm-square block ideas too, they're gorgeous blocks you've made. And I love your block for Bron, it's just perfect. I can't imagine being in any more than one bee at a time! - this is my first bee. Enjoy your next week-and-a-bit of being completely up to date with all your bee-blocks, that is a great feeling! x

Kelly said...

Love your bee blocks, I am rubbish at getting mine made in time.

Katy Cameron said...

Yay, well caught up! I'm up to date too for now, but it's sure to go downhill again in a couple of weeks and I'll be making on the 31st of the month again ;o)

Nat at Made in Home said...

Great blocks!

Lucy | Charm About You said...

all gorgeous! well done you :) Loving those little hedgehogs!

Annabella said...

Stunning blocks Jess! I particularly love the ones for Nicky and now super regretting not doing Jenelle's swap - her swaps are always SO good!!

Jess @ Scrappy n Happy said...

Great blocks! I am just about to get started on my April blocks for Ausmod.

Nicky said...

My blog reading is erratic ! I missed this and love my blocks! And all the others!

I'm so not up to date - and I had the month off in one bee! Note to self don't join so many bees!

Enjoy the freedom - May is on it's way!