Tuesday 2 April 2013

April Goal {A lovely year of finishes}

So far this year, my intentions of having a year of finishes has been a big fat fail. I'm hoping that will change from now on though - starting with April. I'm hoping Q2 of the FAL will also be a bit more fruitful than Q1...

My middle child turns 6 on the 13th of April - and when I was asking him the other day what he'd like for his birthday his response was 'a Mario Skylanders Ninjago quilt'. My heart melted just slightly when he said this - although it was closely followed by panic (not sure I'm up to a Mario/Skylanders/Ninjago mashup quilt). Once I'd talked him down to choosing just one (Mario) though, things were looking achievable. 

So, I've pulled a stack of solids and I have a plan to make a big-ish Mario (I think it'll be around 60" square). Oh, and a Bowser cushion apparently. We'll see how that goes.


Given the fact that I have a deadline on this one, I'm pretty sure it's a safe goal for April in the Lovely Year of Finishes :o)



xx Jess

7 comments:

Alyce @ Blossom Heart Quilts said...

Wow! That IS a challenge! I look forward to the result, haha!

Adrianne @ On the Windy Side said...

Super cool Jess - your son is going to think you are the best Mum! Good luck for getting it all done in time!

Susan said...

Gosh, there will be no time for blog reading or answering emails! Get started, the 13th April is just around the corner! Looking forward to seeing your progress on this one!

Jenelle said...

Mario! How totally fun. :) One of these day's I plan to make myself a boo ghost cushion from Super Mario Bros. Did you happen to see Angela's Mario QAL last year? If you haven't I can send you a link.

Charlotte said...

ooooh!!! Can't wait to see it!

Kelly said...

Don't you love it when they say 'quilt' and then add a thousand wants into the equation! Look forward to seein this come together.

Catherine said...

Good luck with that, I wouldn't even know where to start!