Monday 29 April 2013

Planning a pillow

A few weeks ago, sign ups opened for round ten of the Pillow Talk Swap and I decided to join in this time around. It's been a fair while between swaps, and it's looking like a fun one to be involved in :o)

I've discovered one good thing about having a ridiculous decent fabric stash is it's pretty easy to use stuff I have on hand rather than having to order fabric. Pretty much all my partner's favorite fabric collections happened to be in my stash! So after a bit of stalking and getting feedback on my initial fabric pull, I've narrowed it down to these:


The paper pieces down the front are more Schoenrock Cross templates (I'm totally obsessed still), I just need to have a play around with layout ideas...

So I'm having a bit of a break from quilting and getting started on this. Oh, and trying to decide what block I want my bees to make next month when I'm queen in Scrappy? Sew Bee it. So hard!

xx Jess

9 comments:

Catherine said...

Love those fabrics, its going to look great

Teje Karjalainen said...

Beautiful bundle of fabrics - that will be wonderful pillow! Looking for to see more about the pattern!

Nicky said...

Darn knew I should have gone into that swap - love your plan Jess!

Don't stress re choice you have a few day yet!

Annabella said...

Oh to be able to pull such fabrics *sigh* Can't wait to see your SC pillow (or cushion really ;)

Susan said...

Guess your secret partner likes a bit of DS, hey!? This is going to be a lovely cushion! Enjoy the break from the quilting marathon!

Charlotte said...

oooh - can't wait to see how this progresses!

Kelly said...

Love those fabrics picks and congrats on your cushion in FQ, it looks gorgeous!

Sarah said...

Oh thats a beautiful pick of fabrics there :-)

Katy Cameron said...

I want your stash to 'shop' in lol