Not a huge amount of progress this week - although I have finished putting together the quilt top of Sweary Tula (I'm stealing that one, Katy. Slightly more grown-up than Rudey Tula :oP) and it's basted and waiting for me to have an 'ah ha' moment and start quilting it. I made the mistake of looking at how Angela Walters quilted Tula's Love version and I'm trying to stop thinking of its brilliance and just get going... What's really got me stumped is how to quilt the letters - I'm using poly batting with quite a high loft (which I wanted so the quilting really pops) and I'm tossing up whether to quilt the crap out of the letters, or to leave them fairly unquilted. Suggestions welcome!
Apart from that, I made the Weathervane block for our QAL, using Jess's revamped method. It's a 10 1/2" block, and it's a 9 patch so it was going to be very tricky anyway - but Jess has done up some paper pieced templates, and I'm stoked with how well it's worked (thanks Jess!).
All the blocks so far (they are actually square - dodgy warped design wall's fault!):
And I've paper pieced the sections for my St. Louis Star:
Hope everyone is having a great week,