So. Some pretty pictures! First of all, I am SO glad I took off the green binding and rebound it in black - it looks so, so much better.
It's quilted using 50wt Aurifil thread, in straight lines following the zig-zag pattern - 1" apart in the coloured section, and alternating 1" with 1/4" spacing in the black (my favorite part, actually!). The black is still covered in batting fluff - I think next time I'll use grey or black batting when making a quilt with this much black. I'm not sure I'll ever get all the fluff off.
For the back, I used a huge piece of Bright Light (I think that's what it's called) by Alexander Henry that was sitting in my 'backing' stash. It is a great back for a boy quilt - and it's such gorgeous quality fabric! I used white 50wt Aurifil in the bobbin, and it's blended in really well, so you only really see the texture of the quilting from the back.
* Quilt measures about 52" x 70"
* Designed, pieced and quilted by me.