I've quilted the coloured parts with straight lines 1" apart, following the zig zag pattern in the quilt top, which has given it the most amazing texture. I've used 50wt Aurifil in off white and its worked beautifully (the stitches kind of dissove into the quilt top). I'm really happy I decided to echo quilt - it is totally perfect for this quilt.
Please ignore the massive amount of batting fluff on the back - and this is after a go over with the lint roller!
I decided to get a little bit fancy in the black sections - they're quite large areas, and I wanted to give them a little more visual interest, so I've quilted 1" apart, then 1/4", then 1" etc. using 50wt black Aurifil. I am totally over the moon with the black sections - it looks amazing! And Finn is thrilled with how it's coming together, so it's a win all around!
Hopefully this will be a finish by the end of this week :o)
Linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced (button in sidebar) - I'm looking forward to checking out what everyone has been up to this week :o)