I ended up swapping a lot of the fabrics from my initial fabric pull, but the colour scheme is still essentially the same as what I started with. A lot of the fabrics I used are significant to my brother and his fiance (bikes, tea pots, houses, wildlife), and even my boys commented on how many things are in there that they love, so hopefully they will love it as much as I do.
The blocks are 15" finished, so it's a bit of a monster at 75" square. I'm still deciding how to quilt it (inspiration usually strikes as I'm basting, so I'm hoping that will be the case here!) - but I'm pretty sure I'll FMQ straight lines through the background, following the diagonal of the leaves and have a bit of fun using other motifs within the leaves.
So the plan tonight is to get the backing made and get it basted, so the quilting can begin!
I'm linking up with Lee for the first time in months (hosted by my lovely friend Sarah no less!)