The FAL is a low pressure community event that allows you to make a list of projects that have already been started but not finished and thus are hanging about in your sewing room as UFOs. The list is linked up at the beginning of a quarter and then at the end of the quarter you link up a link for each item on your list that you finished. Each link is an entry into the random draw for great prizes sponsored by our generous sponsors. There is no penalty for not finishing something on your list.
The link will be hosted on all the hosting blogs but you only need to link on one blog for it to show on all. We also encourage everyone to visit the links of others for inspiration and community. Please scroll down for the detailed rules.
Jan 8 - 14, 2017: Q1 proposed finishes linky is open
Mar 26 - April 1: Q1finishes linky is open
Mar 27 - April 31: Tutorial week
April 2 - 8: Q2 proposed finishes linky is open
June 25 - July 1: Q2 finishes linky is open
June 26 - 30: Tutorial week
July 2 - 8: Q3 proposed finishes linky is open
Sept 24 - 30: Q3 finishes linky is open
Sept 25 - 28: Tutorial week
Oct 1 - 7: Q4 proposed finishes linky is open
Dec 31 - Jan 6, 2018: Q4 finishes linky is open
will be listed here as they are posted over the year
- At the start of each quarter there will be a linky party for you to link up your proposed list of finishes. You must link up in order to be able to be eligible for those prizes at the end. Please only enter ONE blog post or Flickr photo or Instagram photo at this starting link-up. If you use Flickr or Instagram please describe your plan in the description.
- In order for your projects to be eligible, they must at least be a tangible project at the start of the quarter. That means, at the very least, some fabric has been cut, a quilt top needing to be quilted, or a half knit jumper. I love seeing your bee blocks, but they won't count unless you happen to be turning them all into a fully completed quilt!
- As you complete each of your projects on your list, write a post all about it, or a description of a Flickr pic.
- At the end of the quarter, link up each individual post/Flickr pic (please link back to your original list in some way). For each finish/link you complete, you get an entry into the draw, and therefore it's in your best interest to write up a separate post for each!
- A finish is defined as a completely finished project, eg a quilt, quilted and bound, a bag that's fully lined and functional, or a jumper that one could wear out in public. I'm happy for you if you get a quilt top completed in one quarter, but hold onto it for the next quarter and see if you can get it quilted and bound before entering please.
- You won't be punished if you don't finish your entire list, so feel free to make a big list and roll projects over from one quarter to the next if you need to.
- All qualifying finishes will be put into a prize draw, and the names/numbers drawn at random for each of the prizes donated by our sponsors for that quarter.
- The finish linky party will be open for approximately a week, and then the next quarter will open on the following day.
- The FAL is open to anyone, anywhere in the world.
Previous FAL years
The FAL has grown and grown since Rhonda - now Rhonda's Ramblings - started it in 2012 in the USA. It moved to Canada in 2013 where Leanne - She Can Quilt - hosted it, then in 2014 it was off to Scotland in the UK where Katy - The Littlest Thistle - was in charge, and in 2015 it moved to New Zealand where Adrianne - On the Windy Side - has been doing the honours. In 2016 the FAL moved to a global community of hosts who were: