Thursday 20 June 2013

Kate Spain Blog Hop

Welcome to my stop on the Kate Spain Blog Hop - huge thanks to Alyce for asking me to play along. 


I can pretty much blame Kate for my fabric obsession - Fandango was the first designer quilting cotton I ever bought when I first started sewing back in 2011. I wasn't actually quilting back then, I was mostly making clothes for my then baby daughter. As a matter of fact, my inability to finish stuff off was a problem even then - neither of these garments are actually finished. The jacket needs bias binding around the cuffs still (I gave up when I couldn't actually fit the sleeves on my machine to sew the binding on) and the skirt hasn't got elastic in the waist. The skirt would probably fit her now, but she blankly refuses to wear skirts or dresses. Sigh. If anyone has a baby girl and would like these, just let me know - I'm happy to send them to a new home :o) 



The skirt was my first time sewing charm squares - and is probably largely to blame for my quilting addiction.


Once the quilting bug had bitten, I made this little baby quilt (which I donated to a fundraiser for some very sick girls last year). I have to admit I don't like this quilt much at all - my style and tastes have changed a lot, and I don't think it was a good choice of pattern for the scale of the fabrics. 



Thanks for visiting - enjoy the rest of the hop! You can link up anything you've made using Kate's fabrics and be in the running for some great prizes - check out Alyce's blog for all the details :o)

xx Jess


18 comments:

Jess @ Scrappy n Happy said...

The kids clothes are cute...only boys here though!
Isn't it interesting how our tastes change?! I have a quilt that I haven't finished because I don't like the fabrics anymore. I should follow your example and finish it and donate it to a good cause!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I only have grandsons too - but the little girly-twirly are so cute.

Adrianne @ On the Windy Side said...

So cute! I especially like the skirt.

Anonymous said...

I really like the baby blanket.

Alyce @ Blossom Heart Quilts said...

Oh my goodness, what a sweet little jacket!! Bias binding is just fiddly anyway, fold the cuff up up a little and slip stitch in place ;)

Charlotte said...

such cute clothes! Why do children persist in having opinions on things?

Anonymous said...

Loving the jacket........it so gorgeous. what a clever way to us charm squares for the skirt. Thanks for sharing.

Teje Karjalainen said...

So beautiful! No baby girls here, but I would love those in my size!

Finding Fifth said...

kate s fabrics look good made into clthing and that Japanese looking jacket is very sweet.

Mara said...

I do the same thing with not quit finishing my little girls clothes, lucky for me she loves dresses and skirts (normally the reason I never finish she wants to put it on immediately), if you want to ship to Greece? lol. It is a cute skirt and a great way to use charm squares.

DeborahGun said...

all so gorgeous :-) I love the design of the quilt.

Lou said...

The clothing is adorable! I have a 2 year old grand daughter but her momma only puts her in name brands.
It's this generation I keep being told!

OhioLori said...

Love the outfit!!! & quilt too!! Grrrrreat job on both!!

ChristaQuilts said...

I love the skirt and the quilt. Nice job!

jeifner said...

If you feel inclined to ship all the way to the US then by all means send them over :)

Gemma@prettybobbins said...

That kimono top is gorgeous! I hope you found a new home for it :) I actually really like the kaleidoscope affect the large prints have with the pattern that you chose for that quilt. It's really pretty :) Thanks for sharing!

JustPam said...

I have two little granddaughters. I love the skirt, top and the quilt. Kate Spain is my favorite designer. I try to buy her fabrics when I can afford it!

Katy Cameron said...

Oh, so it's all *Kate's* fault then ;o) Cute wee outfit, but I'm was right there with the girl on not wearing skirts and dresses!