Wednesday 18 April 2012

Rainbow Snail Trail Mini Finished!

I finished most of this quilt back in February, and had half-stitched the binding down and then it languished unfinished on top of our piano with all the other mini quilts waiting to be hung somewhere (yes, we are very lazy in this household ;o) ). I took me about an hour last night to finish stitching the binding (whilst watching a couple of episodes of Spaced - so excited they are replaying this series!) Cue photos.

Despite the miserable, grey day today, this one was a good little model and behaved itself perfectly for the photos.


A couple on my favorite bush in our garden (such a great colour!)


I quilted this one in the grey areas in straight lines following the edge of the rainbow trails, spacing the lines about 1/4" apart.


Quilt Stats:
Design: my own, using snail trail blocks
Fabric: a range of rainbow scraps (including Lizzy House, Denyse Schmidt, Jenean Morrison, Joel Dewberry) Kona Coal, Kona medium grey
Size: 24" x 24"


This quilt is about 90% HSTs, so I'm entering it into the Festival of HSTs over at Canoe Ridge Creations. Stay tuned for entry number 2 later today!!

xx Jess

11 comments:

Catherine said...

what a fabulous mini-love the design and the colours

Di said...

Brilliant mini quilt. I'm glad that you finished the binding! It is nice to see pics of it finished. Di xo

Kelly said...

Stunning mini, I love the quilting! Spaced is a favourite watch in this house as well.

Cille said...

Lovely splashes of color on the greys. And the quilting looks terrific too.

Jess @ Scrappy n Happy said...

Love this - it is so striking!

Cherie said...

What a great quilt. Hard to believe it was left unfinished for so long! =D

Danny Heyen said...

You're just finishing everything lately! I love this one. I've been really wanting some of that purple Lizzy House.

Kirsten said...

Love the bright colours with the grey - such a great design!

Lucy | Charm About You said...

I love this and the quilting looks fab! great finish :)

CityHouseStudio said...

Soooo pretty!
Love the colors, and you're quilting is GREAT!

@pril said...

I can't get over how gorgeous this is. I featured this on my blog: http://koolbeenz-blog.blogspot.com/2012/07/featured-quilters-sewers-1-tutorials.html

Feel free to grab my Featured Button if you like.

@pril
KoolBeenz-blog.blogspot.com
For-the-Love-of-Pie.blogspot.com