Wednesday 14 December 2011

Willow Wren Baby Quilt

I started cutting this fabric last weekend, along with a whole bunch of other fabric, intending to make a really colourful quilt using 6" squares. But once I started getting it onto my design wall I just wasn't happy - and decided it needed some sashing between the squares. But alas, I had run out of white (remedied as of yesterday, thankfully!) So I used some of the squares and the rest of a Bella solids jelly roll I had (just enough of) to make up the quilt top.



This is a pattern I made up and have made three quilts using it now - and I have nearly finished writing up the pattern which will be a free tutorial once its done :)


I stippled this one - I really do love the texture that stippling gives a quilt! I used a cream thread to match the sashing.


The backing is a single piece of striped fabric (Benartex I think) in pink, orange and yellow which looks pretty good with the front. The binding is Kona Cardinal - I love the red across the width of the quilt top and I think the red binding looks really great.

Quilt Stats:
* Fabric - Willow wren from Alexander Henry, Bella solid in snow, Kona cardinal (binding)
* Pattern - my own design
* Size - 40" x 60"

This one is for sale in my madeit shop.

I now need to get onto some quilted bottle bags for my parents, quilting my Charmed prints quilt for my nephew and quilting my daughter's 1001 peeps quilt ready for Christmas - 11 days should be enough?!? I may have some late, late nights ahead of me...

happy stitching,
Jess

4 comments:

chuna said...

hi jess it was nice post, and will share it surely via gb whatsapp account.

phone review mate said...

wow fantastic post thanks for update don't forget to download Pandora premium apk to your iPhone.

Gift Cards 2021 said...

very good Free Gift Cards Codes and nice website

Pubg Codes said...

good info Pubg Codes