Friday 9 December 2011

Boys at Play

After working with the girls Children at Play range I was keen to get stuck into my stash of the boys range. I kept this one simple, cutting 6" squares of the prints I had and adding some metro living circles in navy.


I love how it turned out - although I did mix up a couple of the squares when I was sewing the rows together... I quilted it 1/4" away from the seams on both sides.

I did my first pieced back for this quilt too - with a few left over pieces and some blue Kona (hyacinth I think?)


The binding is a red stripe from one of the Dr Seuss ranges, and it suits the quilt perfectly. I machine stitched it and I think I've finally got it pretty much down pat now - it worked really well :)


This one is listed in my madeit shop.

Onwards an upwards... starting another project and getting that done hopefully in time to still quilt my charmed prints quilt for my nephew for Christmas, and my 1001 peeps quilt for my daughter for Christmas...

happy stitching!
Jess

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I just love how it turned out! The red and white binding sets it off perfect!

Carli said...

I love the binding fabric (well, I love it all!). I was wondering which line it is from. I'm not familiar with the Dr. Seuss fabric. It would be so perfect for a quilt I'm working on. Thank you :)

Jess @ Elven Garden Quilts said...

Hi Carli, I am so sorry I'm not sure which line it's from! It's the only print I have from it - but I have a feeling it's from a Christmas line (maybe the Grinch collection?) Sorry I couldn't be more help! If you read this, you'll need to add your email address to your comment for the giveaway - - you're a no reply blogger :o)