Wednesday 28 December 2011

Charmed prints quilt finished (and some Christmas photos)

I am REALLY happy with how this quilt turned out. But I can safely say it will be a LONG while before I pebble quilt this sized area again - my arm muscles are only just recovering! It ended up taking around ten hours to do the quilting. It was totally worth it I think, but still it's going to have to be something that either needs it or is WAY smaller to make me want to do it again...

This is how the quilting turned out:


I decided not to go for all-the-same-sized pebbles as I really wasn't sure if I'd be able to keep them the same, so  they do range a bit in size. This is a view of the back - I did a really simple pieced back (Ice Frappe Kona, with a strip of I heart robots toward the bottom).


This is how I quilted the border - I FMQ'd around the circle shapes on the pearl bracelet fabric.


And finally, the whole thing (an inside shot as these were all taken on Christmas morning before I wrapped it - nothing like a last minute finish - well, 10:30 pm on Christmas Eve...)


Lastly I couldn't resist posting some Christmas day pics of my lovely little peeps.
The big boy here is my little guy and the small person is my nephew (who loves his quilt by the way - he rolled over on it for the first time on Boxing day :) )

This is my adorable little girl:


And my biggest boy (sitting on my daughter's Santa present):


And finally a plum-tuckered out small person enjoying her Christmas quilt:


I'm so happy to have these finished and gifted - I'm now adding to my WIP pile again and starting another project. I received Lizzy House's five magical projects book (well, bought it for myself :p) and am starting High Seas.

happy stitching, 
Jess

13 comments:

Monkeysinmypocket said...

i love your lizzy house quilt!

ramizz said...

mobdro | https://mobdroapp.fun/ | live net tv | tweakbox

Ricky R said...

Full Form
whatsapp gold
whatsapp mod
whatsapp apk
whatsapp prime

Muhammad Amin said...

Thanks for the info, Check out whatsapp gb download 2020 the best mod apk

muzamil said...

Fullforms
Fullforms
Fullforms
Fullforms
Fullforms
Fullforms
Fullforms

Luky*Sam said...

First you visit Carrom Pool Mod APK site once. Hello, this article is very good for you, I have liked everything mentioned in this article and I will definitely share it in my friend circle... Thank you!

Brawl Stars Mod Apk

Unknown said...

namebiography.com Thanks for this post. Keep it up...

Yogesh Singh said...

Techamy machine learning systems move into societally critical domains such as healthcare, education, finance and criminal justice, Asphalt 9 Mod Apk questions on their impact gain fundamental importance. The key insight in my work is to consider modern algorithms as interventions, just like a medical treatment or an economic policy. Lucky Patcher Unlike typical interventions studied in social and biomedical sciences, Picsart Mod Apk . however, algorithmic interventions can be arbitrarily complex. I work on developing methods to estimate causalimpact of such systems and build algorithms that optimize the causal effect. I am also passionate about designing new interventions for societal impact, especially in healthcare

Yogesh Singh said...

I work on developing methods to estimate causalimpact of such systems and build algorithms that optimize the causal effect. I am also passionate about designing new interventions for societal impact, especially in healthcareMBA Live Mobile Mod Apk

erum sheikh said...

Thanks for this post. Keep it up...
Also click my blog...
is milk good for kidney patient

APKVOW Apps Store 2 said...

Thanks for sharing this post. Check this:
Sex oil
sex coundom

Tech Blog For You said...

This is very interesting post about that. I really appreciate that. You can get more info from tedrasoft.com

jaoishiv said...

Perfect Money Login Perfect Money Login both are trusted website to get the full information here