Wednesday 17 July 2013

Breaking the silence

The tumbleweeds haven't quite managed to roll across my blog thanks to all the fantastic guest posts for the Colour Theory Series, but still it's been a while since I posted anything much sewing related. I've kind of been hibernating from the interwebs actually - I have a scary number of unread blog posts (think four digits) and a similar number of emails I need to answer (apologies for my tardiness - I will get there soon!). Life manages to get in the way of blogging sometimes :o)

We're in Melbourne this week - school holidays are in full swing, and we are having a brilliant time doing 'big city' things with the kids. Tasmania (where we live) has a pretty small population - we don't have a local zoo or aquarium or anything like that, so the little ones are having a ball exploring everything. And I'm extremely excited about the prospect of visiting Amitie on Thursday for some much anticipated fabric therapy. Expect a drool-worthy post later in the week ;o) 

I do have some quilting related news as well. One day way back in February, I emailed the editor of Australian quilting magazine Quilters Companion proposing a submission for their magazine. I honestly didn't think I'd even get a response - but to my surprise and utter delight Clare emailed me back later that day to let me know they'd like me to be a contributor to their magazine. Cue extreme happy dancing, and complete shock. 

The sense of unreality didn't really wear off until this week when Issue 62 of Quilters Companion was published. I am extremely excited to say this quilt is in there :o)


It also explains why I've been such a quiet blogger of late - I've been working on two more quilts for the magazine. One is finished and sent off (the one I gave you sneaky peeks of), the other is partially made and will be finished off in a panic when we get back home. I'm really happy with both of them, and really can't wait to show you them! 

This also means that I will be looking at releasing a few patterns later in the year. If anyone is interested in pattern testing for me later in the year, please let me know. The first one is beginner friendly, the second two are more advanced beginner/intermediate patterns, so I'd be looking for a range of different experience levels. Shoot me an email or leave a comment if you're keen :o)   

I hope you're all having a great week - and for those of you going to FQR I hope you have an amazing time. Not jealous. At all ;o)

xx Jess

22 comments:

Karen @dixielandcrafts said...

Congrats Jess!!! That is a huge accomplishment and totally gives you the right to Happy Dance. I am a new quilter and would love to be considered as one of your pattern testers. You can find me at my blog Dixieland Crafts or email me at dixielandcrafts at yahoo . com

Again Congrats and your featured quilt is beautiful. I totally agree the black binding rocked!!

Anna said...

congratulations! I'd be interested in testing for you. I'm an advanced beginner with quilting but would love to try something harder than I've been doing!

sarah elizabeth :: {no} hats said...

Wahoo!! Well-deserved, friend! I actually had made a mental note to check in on you to make sure that all was well but evidently things couldn't be better! Thrilled for you, you rock star you!

Lucy | Charm About You said...

Fabulous news!! Well done :)
I would love to test them!

Charlotte said...

clever you!
have a fab holiday xx

Kelly said...

Go Jess! Have a fantastic holiday!!

Newbie Jen said...

Congratulations Jess! If you need any additional pattern testers, I would love to help!

Jessica said...

Yay congrats!! :) That's great! I'm intermediate - I'd love to test!

Susan said...

Congratulations Jess on the magazine quilt- I suspect that will be the first of many! Enjoy Melbourne- it's a great city! ;-)) I'd be more than happy to test a pattern for you!

CaroleBB said...

Congrats on the publish! No wonder as to why it was --gorgeous! It would be an honor to test your beginner pattern (in the US but know metrics). Enjoy your physical life; the e-life will be here.

moira said...

you deserve it all, sweetie. have a great holiday x

Annabella said...

Huge congrats Jess - how wonderful for you!! Enjoy your family in the big city :)

Vicki said...

So very, very exciting!! Congratulations!!! Enjoy your time away with the kids.

Susan at TheBoredZombie.com said...

Wow! Congratulations! SO happy for you and so glad to see you. :)

Kirsten said...

Congratulations Jess! I will have to pick up a copy of the magazine. And I would also like to offer to pattern test for you too.

Kristy @ Quiet Play said...

Congratulations!! How very exciting!!

DeborahGun said...

Congratulations Jess. That is wonderful. Enjoy your holiday and especially your Amitie trip :-)

pandchintz said...

Congratulations on the magazine Jess! I just read it today and was so pleased to see you name with the quilt!! Happy to help out with the pattern testing.

Nat at Made in Home said...

Congrats! Gat to hear all is fine. I was wondering what was up! I am sure you will much more experienced quilter to help out, but happy to test quilt (is that how it is called? ) for you!

Dianne Neale said...

Congrats on being published. I know someone famous! I'd be happy to test a pattern for you. I've never done it before but I think it would be fun!

Katie said...

WooHoo so very exciting!

I just read about your trip to Amitie as well and am so envious! I really wish it wasn't all the way on the other side of the world becuase I'm sure it's my favourite shop ever :-)

Katy Cameron said...

My gran would have moved to Melbourne in a heartbeat when we visited there, it was such a lovely city to visit! Congrats on the mag too :o)