Tuesday 8 November 2011

Autumn Colours Tunic

Despite being in the midst of spring here in the southern hemisphere I made this top as part of Celebrate Colour, over at stitched in colour. I have had this fabric (some vintage fabric I bought on etsy I think...) for ages, and was inspired to make something with it for celebrate colour since its such an autumn-ish print.


I used McCalls pattern M6025 (printed in the early 90's) - its actually supposedly a dress, and I guess it could be for some people, although I prefer not to wear a dress that barely reaches the top of my legs... so I'm calling it a tunic top :)


The sleeves are 3/4 length so its pretty perfect for this time of year in Tasmania (although the weather still seems to be fluctuating between summer and winter... it would be nice if it could decide which it is!)

I'm definitely an autumn person when it comes to colour choice (orange, brown and greens) so this round of Celebrate Colour totally appeals to me!

Thanks for looking!
Jess

2 comments:

Connie said...

That fabric is perfect with that pattern -- brings back memories!!

Jess @ Elven Garden Quilts said...

@Connie
Thanks Connie, I agree - I really think I was born in the wrong decade!
Cheers
Jess