I've been sewing up a storm over the last few days - lots of prep for AQC next week, but I've also managed to finish a quilt (more on that later this week!) and make some great progress on my improv quilt. This one is a class sample for a series of workshops I'm teaching at Frangipani Fabrics later this year.
I've been slowly doing some strip piecing over the last week or so, to add to the blocks I shared last week. And as I was making them, I decided on a quilt-layout-plan of sorts - columns of each colour, gradually fading out as they go down the quilt. I actually think this will end up being horizontal rows of colour rather than vertical - but it was much easier to work on my design wall in this orientation.
Today I made a bunch of improv triangle blocks. My design wall doesn't have great lighting for photos - but I'm really happy with how it's looking. I'm also very thankful for a pretty big design wall - this is about 70 or 80" wide, so it's going to be a pretty big quilt.
I could happily work on this all day everyday - I get so absorbed in this project, I totally switch off from everything else and find it incredibly relaxing to work on. I'm hoping to start piecing it gradually each evening until I leave for Melbourne on Sunday - and I'm pretty sure I'll be dreaming about it when I can't work on it ;o)