Saturday 9 April 2016

Blue Wren Cushion {Finished!}

The last two weeks have been a flurry of pattern writing, fabric cutting, sewing and general organising at work. Some of the Frangipani Fabrics team (Briony, Cath and myself) are heading over to Melbourne tomorrow via boat to have a stall at the Australasian Quilt Convention, so we have been super busy getting ready for it. Our stall will be focusing on Indigenous Australian fabrics, including seven quilt patterns we are releasing, and it's going to be SO much fun! If you're heading to AQC, please come and say hi at Stall 153 :o).

I'll be teaching a short class (a Make and Take class) each day the convention is on. Briony and I came up with this design, and we are so pleased with it! It was a real team effort in terms of its construction too - I cut and basted the pieces, started the sewing and then Briony took over and completed the wren and appliqued it onto the background (which I put together). And then I quilted it and finished the cushion :o).  It's an English Paper Pieced Blue Wren, made entirely with Indigenous fabrics, and finishes up as a 20" square cushion (or mini quilt.) Kits for this project will be available at the show - and we are taking preorders for kits for those of you who aren't coming to AQC! We are also taking pre-orders for the pattern (which will ship once we get back from AQC).


We have also made up an Australian animal quilt, using Kristy from Quiet Play's fantastic foundation pieced pattern. This will be available as a kit at the show as well. Cath made the blocks for this one, and I pieced and quilted the quilt. These animals look fantastic using Indigenous prints :o)



I'll share more of our booth next week (probably on IG, but also in this space if I get a chance!)

I hope you're having a fabulous weekend!

xx Jess


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome job! :)

Kirsten said...

The Blue Wren is beautiful and the indigenous prints are perfect for the Aussie animals quilt!

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Oh it is just beautiful. Goodness adorable

Anonymous said...

My life became devastated when my husband sent me packing, after 8 years that we have been together. I was lost and helpless after trying so many ways to make my husband take me back. One day at work, i was absent minded not knowing that my boss was calling me, so he sat and asked me what its was all about i told him and he smiled and said that it was not a problem. I never understand what he meant by it wasn't a problem getting my husband back, he said he used a spell to get his wife back when she left him for another man and now they are together till date and at first i was shocked hearing such thing from my boss. He gave me an email address of the great spell caster who helped him get his wife back, i never believed this would work but i had no choice that to get in contact with the spell caster which i did, and he requested for my information and that of my husband to enable him cast the spell and i sent him the details, but after two days, my mom called me that my husband came pleading that he wants me back, i never believed it because it was just like a dream and i had to rush down to my mothers place and to my greatest surprise, my husband was kneeling before me pleading for forgiveness that he wants me and the kid back home, then i gave Happy a call regarding sudden change of my husband and he made it clear to me that my husband will love me till the end of the world, that he will never leave my sight. Now me and my husband is back together again and has started doing pleasant things he hasn't done before, he makes me happy and do what he is suppose to do as a man without nagging. Please if you need help of any kind, kindly contact Happy for help and you can reach him via email: happylovespell2@gmail.com