Saturday 9 April 2016

Finish A Long 2016: Quarter 2 Link Up

2016 button 250 best

I know I've said it before, but this year is speeding by at a slightly scary pace. My kids have just started their end of first term holidays, and I'm finding it hard to grasp that the school year is a quarter over already! Not only that, as we are into April, the Q2 of the Finish A Long is starting as well.  As you are already aware, the 2016 FAL has gone global - a community of bloggers across the world, jointly hosting the FAL. Our hosts are:
For those of you who are new to the FAL, it is a place to find motivation and encouragement to complete those unfinished projects that are hanging about becoming UFOs. And seriously, it is such an amazing community! We had over 800 finishes linked up in the first quarter, which is absolutely incredible - so if you have WIPs hanging around that you would like to finish, it's a brilliant way to keep motivated and get encouragement from other quilters.

I have quite a few projects I'd like to finish this quarter - firstly my improv quilt I've been sharing over the last few weeks. I'll be teaching this as a series of classes starting in June, so I really do need to get it finished quite soon.


My other priority is another class sample I need to make - I'm teaching this amazing Modern Sampler quilt, designed by Yoshiko Jinzenji. I do have a pile of fabric I've pulled for this quilt, but I haven't had a chance to take a photo yet. Lots of Suzuko Koseki and low volume will go into this one!



The third project I'd love to complete (but honestly, it's probably a long shot with the other two quilt I want to get done!) is the quilt I started in my workshop with Kaffe Fassett back in February. I need to cut a bunch more pieces, piece it, quilt it and bind it - so honestly I think this will be a Q3 finish, but you never know!



Every quarter you post a list of projects you hope to finish in the next three months, and then at the end of the quarter, you post a link from your blog, Flickr or Instagram of each successful finish from your original list. Each finish is an entry for wonderful prizes from our sponsors. There is no penalty for not finishing a listed project, so feel free to make your list long or short, as you wish. I've been known to make ridiculous lists in the past - there is no shame in carrying projects over from one quarter to the next!

The 2016 Schedule and Rules for the FAL are on my permanent FAL page, please let me know if you have any questions.

Here are the fantastic and generous sponsors for Q2 of the FAL - you can see each of their prizes listed under their logo. We are so grateful to have such a brilliant bunch of sponsors - and it's certainly great motivation to get projects ticked off your Q2 list. Please think about heading over and checking out our sponsor sites and saying thank you!


As you may recall from Q1, there was a return of tutorial week at the end of each quarter, between the opening of the link for finishes and the day that link closes. The first quarter tutorials were fabulous, so I encourage you to check them out (the list of tutorials can be found in my end of Q1 post). This tutorial week will take place each quarter. If you have a tutorial that you would like to share, please let me or another host know.

 It's time to round up those projects you want to finish over the next three months, take a photo of where you are now, and make your list. Please ensure that you have at least started your projects - pulled fabric with a pattern or plan, and remember that it is finished projects that will get you entry toward the above listed prizes. So while we love to see your bee blocks, the "finish" is when they are a completed, usable project. It is very helpful if you tag your Q2 list as #FALQ2yourname on IG so that we can find it at the end of the quarter.

 The 2016 Q2 link for your list of proposed finishes is now open below on my blog and on each of the hosting blogs. You only link your list once, on one blog - and that link will show up on all of the blogs.

If you are using Flickr or Instgram, link a mosaic and put your list in the description. Katy of The Littlest Thistle has a great tutorial on how to link-up if you have need it.

 We also ask that you become part of the FAL community. Please check out the links of others and visit and comment on their lists. We all need encouragement to get those finishes done, so please share some of your own too. When creating your list there is one thing to remember....No deductions for not completing something so ..... Aim High! Nothing to lose!!!

So, get those lists together and get linked up. The Q2 linky party will stay open until 11 pm EST, April 16th - as we are global, you might want to check your time zone to determine your last possible time to link. Remember: you only need to link up on ONE hosting blog and it will automatically show up on all hosting blogs. I'm looking forward to another amazing quarter of finished projects!




3 comments:

Debbie said...

Can't wait to see your modern sampler!

Heather said...

Did the link close early? It's only 8:58 EST and it's showing closed.

http://quiltsbyheather.blogspot.com/2016/04/q2-finish-long-goals.html

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.