Thursday 31 May 2012

WIP Thursday (again!)

Thanks for all your feedback on the Joyce baby quilt from last week. After much consideration I've decided to make another one. I like it, but I don't love it and this baby (who arrived on Saturday, a few weeks early, and who is totally divine by the way) needs the perfect quilt. So I'm trying to decide what to do... there are a few ideas percolating somewhere in there :o)

I've mostly been working on my Retro Flowers quilt this week. Not a lot of sewing has actually been happening - my kids have decided that 9pm is the best time to actually go to sleep. By that time of night, I'm much more interested in some TV time than the cold sewing room so my motivation hasn't been all that great. I have managed to get 6 flowers together though (nearly a quarter of them, yay!) These first ones are some of the more difficult prints to work with. I'm still not entirely sure if the 'abstract' appearance of some of the petals work, but I think once they're all part of the quilt it will look okay.


I have been cutting for another quilt over the last month or so (very slowly...) - an EPP one so I'm thinking its going to be a long time in the making! It's (obviously) totally inspired by Katy's Spring Carnival pattern but the layout will be totally different. I'm still not entirely sure where it's going, but I'm loving playing with these fabrics and creating patterns with them. 


To any bee hives mates reading this, my May bee blocks are next in line (I know, last minute as usual) and will be done in the next day or two. Promise!

xx Jess

12 comments:

Danny Heyen said...

Mmm. So pretty!

Fabraholic said...

Love the fuzzy cuts and the general way this is going. Stop fretting about those darned blocks; I'm fine and I'll need about 2 years to finish the quilting anyway...
Bzzz, bzzz

Kristy QP said...

Loving the retro flowers! They look great!

I'm so with you on the late bedtimes with kids. So frustrating when they won't sleep at an earlier time!

Charlotte said...

I love the fussy cutting in your EPP pieces - gorgeous!

Jess @ Scrappy n Happy said...

The retro flowers look great! Once it is quilted the abstract look won't be so noticeable.

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

These are all looking great. Your fabrics are lovely :)

Catherine said...

your epps are looking great, love all those colours

Sana Saroti said...

I think these look great! I have the bottom right fabric, too, but I am so scared of using it and cutting it the wrong way ;)
I am not finished with the May block as well.

Cherie said...

Great looking flowers there, having them not match makes for a more unique quilt. Very interesting blocks there I like the blocks and the fabrics =D

Katy Cameron said...

Yay for finally flowering!

Carla said...

I absolutely LOVE those spring carnival blocks!!

Cille said...

The fabrics in your flower quilt is stunning. I like that its not so retro but has a more modern feel to it. As for the Spring Carnival... Oh wow.