Friday 18 May 2012

Blogger's Quilt Festival - Spring 2012

If you are a follower of my blog I apologise for beating you around the head with this quilt again... but if you're not welcome to my little corner of blogsville :o)

This is my second time participating in the Blogger's Quilt Festival - I was a very newbie quilter and blogger last time. I found so many awesome blogs, I look forward to checking out all the fab entries this round too.


Amy's Creative Side

I have chosen my Outfoxed on the High Seas quilt this time around. I made this quilt using Lizzy House's High Seas pattern from her 5 Magical Projects book. 


I used lots of Outfoxed by Lizzy House, a bunch of different Kona solids, some Amy Butler, some Denyse Schmidt. It was my first time using anything other than squares and rectangles, and although time consuming, the blocks were quite fun to make. The pattern did call for a border, but I decided not to - I like the way the waves appear to continue off the sides of the quilt.


I really wanted to push myself to try something different (for me) when quilting it, and wanted to highlight the difference between the light and dark parts of the quilt. The lighter areas are quilted with a feather type motif extending out into the 'arms'. The darker areas are quilted with a simple flower in the centre, with no quilting in the arms. 


I love the texture it's given the quilt, and it was very quicky claimed by my 5 year old son (quite surprising given the amount of pink in there). Apparently it's his maze quilt :o)


It is well loved on a daily basis. That makes it the perfect quilt in my book!


Quilt Stats:

Design: High Seas by Lizzy House
Fabric: Outfoxed, Kona solids, Denyse Schmidt, Amy Butler
Size: 54" x 63"
Quilted by myself using cream Aurifil 50wt thread

31 comments:

Unknown said...

I think it's absolutely wonderful..and hope he gets many years of enjoyment from it!
Toni

Heather D. said...

I love this quilt, no matter how many times you show it off on your blog!

And I've said it before, but your children are TOO cute, especially wrapped in quilty goodness. :)

Teje Karjalainen said...

Your quilt is so beautiful! Wonderful fabrics and that pattern is exiting! x Teje

Amy's Crafty Shenanigans said...

This is my absolute favourite quilt ever (you know how much I adore it!!) Oh yah, if you ever need a quilt-sitter for it, I am available!!

Fabraholic said...

You've got two happy monsters on your coach; I'd be smiling like them myself if I had that stunning quilt of yours....

Katy Cameron said...

I do love the quilting you did on this, I don't think I'd have the patience!

Jennifer said...

absolutely stunning :)

Deborah said...

I find everything about this quilt to be stunning! And I love your picture of your boys with the quilts.

Catherine said...

I love this quilt, feel free to keep showing us !

Kelly said...

I love this quilt! Perfect entry to the festival :)

Cherie said...

It's an awesome quilt! Good luck in the festival =D

Lucy | Charm About You said...

So beautiful!! That picture of the kids just melts my heart!

Karen said...

Good fabric choices.

Carla said...

This is such a pretty quilt. I want to make this one too.

CitricSugar said...

This pattern has been on my wish list of to-dos. Love what you did with it.

Your kids are adorable!

Charlotte said...

that's fantastic! I love the design and the way you have used lights/darks. Brilliant! Also, can't go wrong with Lizzy!

Kirsten said...

This is such a wonderful design and i love the colourful fabrics!

Busy Little Quilter said...

I love the Snails Trails design. Yours is beauitful and I love the fabrics, too. I especially love the photo of the children enjoying your quilt. :)

Mom said...

The best quilt is the used quilt!

Check out my blog if you can...

Margaret Gunn
www.quiltsoflove.blogspot.com

Leanne said...

This is wonderful Jess, you know I love this block. I like this without borders and the colours and fabrics are so lively and fun. The quilting is spectacular.

AnnieO said...

Terrific quilt! Love the different colors all colliding and swirling about. Your little ones are too adorable. Thanks for sharing your quilt's story.

Helen @vintageglorybox on Insta and FB said...

Love this quilt Jess! Perhaps a good 'bee' block? Hope you dont mind, but I plugged you over on my blog AND decided to enter too ;)

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

I just love finding fellow modern quilters like yourself. Your quilt is adorable and does look like it is well loved. Hope you'll check out my quilt entry. Blogging is still a little new to me but I'm loving all the new found connections. Please consider joining me too.

Krysta said...

This is a beauty!

Queenie Believe said...

Beautiful quilt. I love all the colors and the moving waves are wonderful!!
Have a great day.
Always, Queenie

Sue Daurio said...

What a great quilt. Love the quilting. And seriously look how cozy they are on that couch - priceless!!

Taya@TypeB said...

I love it! The little ones look like they are really enjoying those! I also love the 1001 Peeps quilt in your banner!

grapes and hearts said...

Love the quilt and the design and the colours! Great work!!

Eileen said...

fun quilt. that's a cool design and you've used such wonderful fabrics. thanks for sharing and have a great day. cute picture of those little kiddos, too!

Maggie said...

Great pattern, and fabulous quilt models!

yanmaneee said...

moncler
kyrie 7 shoes
jordan shoes
curry 7
bape clothing
kobe sneakers
yeezy boost 350
golden goose shoes
off white nike
yeezy 500