Saturday 12 May 2012

My Precious Retro Flowers Update

Now that I've finally gotten my other commitments out of the way, I'm back into the swing of My Precious Retro Flowers. I am determined to do this one through to the finish now I have time (although there does need to be a wee babby quilt made in the next few weeks for my bestie, who's about to have baby number 5...)

So. I still only have one complete flower done (and the petals are still seperate).


But I have actually been working on it! This is my pile of sewn and trimmed curves:



My pile of curves ready to be trimmed:


My stack of fabrics ready to be cut:


My cut fabric ready to be sewn:


And a couple of flowers ready to be pressed and trimmed.


The plan at this stage is to make 25 flowers, and have a wider border (around 10") so we can use this one on our bed.

I'm hoping to have a few more flowers done by the end of the weekend!

x Jess

10 comments:

Lisa Sipes said...

All of those pictures made my mouth water. Not. Even. Kidding.

Cherie said...

Wow that's some great organisation there! At least you have some already to go. Hope to see what you make at the weekend on Monday =D

Katy Cameron said...

Go Jess, you can do it :o)

Jess @ Scrappy n Happy said...

Looks good! Sounds like you have a system happening!

needle and nest said...

I love how organized you are! This is going tobe gorgeous!

Jennifer said...

woohoo! welcome to the club for crazies! 25 flowers, you can do ittttt!!!

Catherine said...

25 flowers!! At least you have everything ready to go: have fun!

Danny Heyen said...

So. Much. Jealous. Can't wait to have some of those pretties at my house with me!

Kelly said...

Super organised set up there! You are going to have one very cool quilt when its all done :)

quirky granola girl said...

great start. good luck with the rest of your flower petals.