Monday 22 June 2015

Stuff ups of the royal kind

Sometimes people stuff up big time. Now is one of those times, and that person is me. Also thank goodness for quilty friends for nipping this in the bud and alerting me to it! I failed to read my contract with Interweave properly, and I am not allowed to publish my Misdirection pattern until next March (12 months after the original publication, not two like I thought.) 

So thanks for all your lovely comments and congratulations on the release, but you'll be seeing it all again next  year when I am actually allowed to release it. I feel horribly unprofessional doing this, but it's a good learning experience and not something I'll do again. Read your contracts properly, people!

I hope you have a better start to the week than me ;o)

xx Jess

7 comments:

elizabethdee said...

I'm sorry if this mix-up has caused any problems for you, but hey, if it means we get to see the pattern, your quilt and the pattern testers' quilts all over again in ten months, i for one am happy. Beautiful pattern and beautiful quilts.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Oh what a bummer but excellent catch! I hope your week gets much better from here. xx

Renee said...

Oh man, that is so disappointing to realize that AFTER the release! So sorry :-( Maybe you can plan a big blog hop or something to celebrate the official release!

Farm Quilter said...

Gees, Jess, all you did was prove you are human!!! No worries about us...it will give us a year to hunt down just the right fabrics, right? Actually, it was rather nice of you to have this little "oops" moment...I was feeling like I was the only one who glossed over something I needed to remember details for or forgot something important in my old age!!! Thank you for making me feel better :)

Beth said...

So does this mean an actual human being created that incredible pattern? You know we're on your side, so don't worry about it.

And guess what--I lost my driver's license last week. Now you don't feel so bad, right? Who's the scatterbrain now?

Rosemary B❤️ said...

bad girl bad girl!!
ooooopsie daisy
Oh well, we will forget we saw it
and looking forward to next March for the big surprise

Jennifer said...

Glad that you caught it! I look forward to seeing more of the pattern in soon!