Thursday 19 March 2015

Free Motion QAL finishes and a winner!!

This post is horribly late I'm afraid - I forgot to draw the winner of the box of Aurifil thread for the Free Motion QAL, generously donated by Alex (aka Mr Aurifil). I was lucky enough to meet Alex at QuiltCon, although I'm pretty sure he found my accent almost impossible to understand ;o)

We had three sensational quilts linked up at the end of the QAL, and I wanted to share them with you before I announce the winner.

Deborah, who blogs at Sunshine through the Rain (which is coincidentally the name I chose for my Umbrella Prints Challenge last year), made a Bright Sky quilt during my friend Alyce's QAL last year. I absolutely love how Deb quilted this - she has only just started FMQing, and she has done an incredible job. The texture on this quilt is fantastic!



Karin (you can find her on Instagram as kpud) made my Giant Chevron pattern in vibrant neon solids. I can't share her picture here, but if you click through to IG, you will be able to see how amazing it is :o)

Finally we have Lisa, who blogs at Sunlight in Winter, who made a Giant Chevron quilt as well. Lisa really pushed herself out of her comfort zone while quilting this (especially the angular quilting designs), and she has done a brilliant job. Those feathers are amazing!





 Thanks to everyone who quilted along with me, and for putting up with probably the worst organised QAL I've ever seen ;o) So without further ado, the winner of the Aurifil box is (drumroll please....)


Karin!!! Congratulations Karin, I'll be in touch shortly to get your details! Apologies it took me so long to get this sorted (although it's probably not all that surprising given how disorganised I was the whole time.)

xx Jess

4 comments:

Karin - BluePip Designs said...

Hooray! Thanks Jess! And I love all the other quilts too. I learned so much doing this QAL and am not afraid to try out new FMQ patterns now. Thanks for putting it all together!

Lisa J. said...

Congratulations to Karin! I learned so much during this quilt along and I increased my skill and confidence so much that I feel like a winner too.

KaHolly said...

It's a good thing you used the random number generator because if you had to choose one, they'd all three be a winner!

DeborahGun said...

Just catching up with your blog Jess after a little break, and was so surprised to see photos of a quilt that looked so familiar :-) Thanks for showing it on your blog and again for the great quilt along. Your fmq tutorials will definitely be something I come back to again and again!