Tuesday 4 November 2014

Free Motion QAL - Stacked Triangles Tutorial and a linky party

Today I'm sharing the fourth free motion video tutorial in the Free Motion QAL - a triangular quilting design. You can check out the YouTube clip here.


There are a couple of reasons I chose this design this week. I wanted to alternate curvy quilting with straight-line FMQ in the coloured stripes on this quilt, just to make the distinction between the different quilting designs more obvious. Probably the biggest reason is that I really, really enjoy quilting triangular designs, and there are so many opportunities to use them on your quilts it think it's a great design to learn. They are a fun way to quilt half square triangles, equilateral triangles and to create interest in negative space - and it really is an easy design to do.   







xx Jess

3 comments:

Carla said...

Fabulous quilting once again. Just amazing

DeborahGun said...

Hi Jess, I'm sorry for not commenting on your blog for ages. I can't tell you how useful I am finding your quilting videos. They are really clear and helpful and are giving me ideas and a some confidence as I attempt some fmq!

Lisa J. said...

Hi Jess: Life of course has gotten in the way....I just finished the maze quilting (I find the straight lines harder than the curvy ones) I promise I'll link up my progress next time you post. I'm hoping some other fledgling fmq's will do so as well. It was really lonely last time I linked up.