I thought this quilt was going to take me a bit longer to finish - but a couple of marathon sewing sessions over the last few nights and it is done!
I am SO in love with this quilt. It has been such an enjoyable journey putting it together and seeing all the secondary patterns emerge. Although it is a pretty restricted colour palette (teal, yellow/ochre, black/grey and purple/cerise) I've used a huge range of fabrics in here - a few prints from Jungle Ave, some Cotton and Steel basics, lots of Micro Mod prints (these were the inspiration for the whole quilt), some Denyse Schmidt (I don't think I've made a single quilt without at least one of her fabrics) and a few others. Despite the restricted palette, I think because I've used a range of hues within each colour family, it is quite a dynamic quilt.
I basted it tonight, and am using a long hoarded print for the back - it's been waiting for the perfect quilt, and I think I've found it ;o) This print is from Alexander Henry's Mecca for Modern collection and I had exactly the right sized piece for this quilt. It was obviously meant to be.
I'm hoping to get this quilted fairly quickly - I'd love to enter it into the Blogger's Quilt Festival (although that may be slightly ambitious!!) I am also writing this one up as a pattern at the moment, so hopefully I'll release it by the end of the year (once it's tested etc).