Monday 7 July 2014

Free Motion QAL - Kicking off next week!

Life has thrown a few major curve balls at my family in the last few weeks, and has not left a lot of room for thinking about anything much quilt related - and I actually forgot I was supposed to write the first post for the Free Motion QAL last Monday. So we will be starting a wee bit late, and will be kicking off next week with a bit of a chat about fabric choices.



I've also lined up some fabulous guest posts for next week. I have asked three amazing quilters to share some advice on how they quilt - and even better they all said yes! As I mentioned a few weeks ago, my machine has BSR (Bernina Stitch Regulator) on my free motion foot, which means the needle automatically moves up and down in response to me moving the quilt, and regulates the stitch length. So Jen (Quilter in the Closet), Renee (aka Quilts of a Feather) and Pat (Colour Me Quilty) will all be sharing their way of coordinating needle speed using your foot pedal, with moving the quilt - along with other tips. I really admire the skills of these three ladies, and I'm really excited to see what they share.

So apologies for the delay, but we will definitely start next week! The pattern is still on sale (until next Tuesday) - a huge thanks to everyone who has already bought a copy :o)

xx Jess

8 comments:

Charlotte said...

Hope the curve balls weren't all bad ones xx

Gina said...

Hope everything is ok. TO be honest this helps me as I've a lot on and another week is good for me xxx

Jess @ Scrappy n Happy said...

Hope everything is ok...sending you lots of good vibes xo

Dianne said...

I do hope that the curve ball isn't an awful one. Sending you positive energy and hugs across the miles.

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Thinking of you x

Mara said...

Picked up my pattern and waiting for my 5 layer cakes to arrive, oh yeah that's right I bought 5 layer cakes cause I couldn't decide which one I wanted (plus they were on sale and I love sales).

Katy Cameron said...

Aww, sorry about the curve balls, hope you hurled some back!

Lisa J. said...

This helps me out s well as I'd forgotten about this. Also sorry about the curve balls and hope things are well.