Friday 25 July 2014

Foxy lady

A few weeks ago, I had the opportunity to do a workshop with the uber talented (and utterly hilarious) Jodie Carleton, the genius behind RicRac soft toy patterns. It was an absolutely brilliant day; fascinating conversation (embroidered knickers anyone?) and lots and lots of laughs thanks to Jodie's fabulous (and slightly twisted) sense of humour.

We were making foxes using Jodie's Ginger and Blue pattern. Although all three of my kids declared they would love one, I decided to make the wee one hers first - and obviously she wanted a girl. THis little fox is yet to be named (we come up with really creative names like 'foxy' in our house most of the time), but she has been played with almost everyday (to the point that I need to re-attach her tail) :o)


There are so many features I love in this pattern - but the tail design really takes the cake. Jodie has designed this so cleverly, so that the weight of the tail allows the fox to sit up without toppling over. She is made with wool felt, and the arms and legs are jointed with buttons.


I had a small spool of aqua Aurifil wool thread so I decided to blanket stitch the edges of the dress rather than machine stitch the edges.


She's not perfect - but she is well loved, and I had a lot of fun putting her together so I'm calling it a win ;o)

I'm at the Hobart Craft Show over the next three days, teaching a little applique and embroidery project at 11am each day (it will be a fun class if you're local!). It's running alongside Island Quilts (the Tasmanian Quilt Guild exhibition) and four of my quilts are hanging, so I will try to get photos over the weekend if I'm allowed.

xx Jess

11 comments:

Farm Quilter said...

Adorable fox!!! She looks so cunning!!! Sounds like you have a blast making her and she is totally loved - I agree, a total win!!!

Anonymous said...

She looks perfect. I love the blanket stitch on the dress. You could call her Mem, after Mem Fox, maybe?

Vicki said...

This is just the cutest! I love her dress.

Michele T said...

She is an adorable fox and no surprise that she would be loved to bits!!

Charlotte said...

so cute!

Jess @ Scrappy n Happy said...

She is so cute! I would love to meet Jodie one day she seems like a funny spirited lady!

Katy Cameron said...

Very cute! Although I'm not sure I want to know what lead to the embroidered knickers convo...

Unknown said...

Прелесть!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
OSr Group said...

love it!!!
Flush door Manufacturer in India, Block Board manufacturer in India