Tuesday 18 February 2014

Charming Liberty progress and Fabriholics Anonymous Check In

Thanks for your input on my medallion quilt last week - I have been really sick since then so I haven't actually replied to any comments or thought about my next step with it yet, but your feedback has been extremely helpful, so a huge thanks. Not a lot has been happening on the sewing front as a result of major blurg and a severe lack of anything resembling motivation, but I'm so happy to finally be able to show you some progress on my Liberty charm quilt (the result of a few hours of not feeling too crap today.)

I've been slowly working on this since last November, but other projects have kept popping up and this has been pushed aside. But I'm working to an end of February deadline, so the finger has been pulled firmly out ;o). The central panel is now complete and I just need to add a few borders. It hasn't been at all difficult to put together - but deciding on an arrangement for the charm squares took a loooong time. It has been a really enjoyable quilt to put together - simple sewing, but Liberty fabric is just so gorgeous to work with.


It's also time for a Fabriholics Anonymous check in. I'm still not finding it hard (surprisingly) but as I said last month, I haven't started anything new which is definitely making it easier. The Flickr group is in full swing (apologies for my lack of activity there, I'm hoping to check in regularly from now on) and there have been some gorgeous creations added.

We'd love to know how you are all doing, so please link up if you would like to :o) 



16 comments:

Ella said...

Glad you are feeling much better! I took a tiny spill off the fabric wagon. (Confessional coming soon.)

Melinda said...

I love how you laid out your Liberty charm quilt. Soft, flowing, reminds me that Spring is coming.....not soon enough.

DeborahGun said...

sorry you have been so sick Jess. Hope you can continue to get better and enjoy a bit more sewing. Don't push yourself too hard too quickly xx

Susan said...

I hope you are feeling better soon! And those Liberty's are beautiful! I have a small stash which I want to cut into soon!

Alyce @ Blossom Heart Quilts said...

I hear you on the sick front and low energy/motivation *cough hack sneeze* Why does it always happen at the wrong time?!

moira said...

yep, my january was similarly affected. Hope you are on the road to recovery now x

Annabella said...

Your Liberty is gorgeous and the arrangement equally as perfect. So sorry you have been sick Jess :) Sending healthy vibes!

Leanne said...

Your quilt is lovely and I'm glad you are feeling better.

Deborah said...

I saw your quilt on instagram. I really love what you've done with these fabrics! Very creative......very lovely!!
I hope you're feeling better!

Pam @ Quilting Fun said...

Love your top!

Lucy | Charm About You said...

It looks beautiful! I hope you're feeling much better soon x

Katy Cameron said...

Aww, sorry you've been sick, hope you feel much better very soon.

Loving the Liberty :o)

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Be healthy soon my friend. The Liberty top is gorgeous xxx

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

That top is really beautiful!

Catherine said...

I absolutely love the liberty top. Hope you feel better quickly

Rebecca Lynne said...

Mmmm liberty... I am glad you aren't finding this hard, I feel a bit silly now that we were so anxious. I am so proud of us!