Saturday 18 March 2017

Friday Fabric Finds is Back!!

I've made a few major life changes this year, which has meant I have more time and energy for blogging (yay!!), and something I enjoy doing is sharing what's new in my sponsors shops. It's a bit of eye candy for my readers, and it's a nice way for me to say thanks to these shops for continuing to support my little blog :o). So I'm planning on getting back to my Friday Fabric Finds posts, hopefully once a fortnight.

Since it has been SO long since I've done one of these posts, I thought I'd do a quick introduction about each of my sponsors in this post. First up is Sew Me a Song - the very first business I approached to ask if they would like to sponsor my blog. Sew Me a Song is run by Becca, in Maine in the United States. Becca has a beautifully curated little shop, with a focus on fabrics by Japanese designers such as Suzuko Koseki, Nani Iro, Yuwa and Isso Ecco. Becca also stocks a lovely selection of basics such as dots and stripes, and gems from designers like Melody Miller, Anna Maria Horner and many more.

Probably my favorite section in Becca's shop is her beautifully curated bundles. Some of these are put together by designer, such as this AMAZING Suzuko Koseki bundle. Suzuko is one of my absolute favorite designers, and this bundle of fat sixteenths is an awesome way to get a huge selection of her prints.


Another one of my favorites is this text bundle by Kei for Yuwa. These are 55% linen/45% cotton and give such a gorgeous texture to projects. I sneak these fabrics into quilts whenever I can ;o).


Polka Dot Tea Fabrics is an Australian-based fabric shop, run by my friend Heidi who lives in beautiful outback Australia, in Bomballa, New South Wales. Polka Dot Tea started up a couple of years ago, and she is knocking it out of the park with the range of fabrics on offer. Heidi and I have incredibly similar taste in fabric, and ALL my favorites are featured there (Heather Ross, Lizzy House, Anna Maria Horner, Tula Pink and Carolyn Friedlander - just to name a few!) Heidi has complete bundles of a huge range of collections, or you can buy fat quarters or yardage of all of them.

I've been seriously eyeing off Heather Ross's latest gorgeousness, Sleeping Porch. The colours in this collection are just spectacular - and it's printed on cotton lawn which is dreamy to work with.


I don't think it's any secret that I'm a massive fan of Carolyn Friedlander (I think every single quilt I've made since Architextures came out has at least one of her prints in it) - and this bundle is pretty delicious. Carolyn's fabrics are just so incredibly useful, the perfect modern blenders.


Last of all, I'm certain you have heard of my long-time sponsor, the Fat Quarter Shop. They are based in Texas in the United States and stock a massive range of fabric, patterns and haberdashery. A few of my new favorites there are Pond, Elizabeth Hartmann's latest collection for Robert Kaufman.




And of course Friedlander by Carolyn Friedlander. I was lucky enough to win a bundle of this as one of my prizes at the Australian Modern Quilt Show last year, and am using lots of these in my current project. It's another winner for sure.

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend! We are enjoying the end of an especially long summer - it's been warmer over the last few weeks that most of our proper summer which has been lovely! I'll be back next week to share a few of my recent project beginnings!

xx Jess



3 comments:

Susan said...

Thanks for the fabric round-up! I am on a fabric diet at the moment, but a little 'window shopping' never hurt, did it? I look forward to seeing some of you recent starts Jess!

barcord said...

Oh, I did enjoy this post. I will be back to look closer, maybe tomorrow. Thankyou.

Linda said...

you have a wonderful collection of these fabulous and beautiful farics that would surely make another impressive piece of quilt for your next competition. Best of luck for your projects!