Our kids started back at school today (new school for my youngest two, and they both had an awesome day which is a real relief!), and I didn't have to work. Naturally I grabbed the chance to have a day in the 'studio' aka garage. I made some pretty good progress on my Aviatrix quilting - the log cabin border is so close to being finished!
At this stage, I've mostly quilted the white parts using Aurifil 50wt in Dove (the same thread I've used in all the white and neutral areas of the quilt). I'm debating whether to go back and do a bit more quilting with coloured thread in the coloured logs. I quite like how puffy they are, but considering how densely quilted the centre part of the quilt is, I'm a bit worried these blocks look too sparsely quilted in comparison.
I don't think I'll make a decision until I've quilted the butterflies. It might be good to have one less densely quilted border. I don't know! I must admit it's getting more challenging to keep this quilt square as I move out toward the last borders. I'm being super careful about ditch stitching each block as I move around each border, and I'm fairly confident I'll be able to quilt it into submission. I think there'll be some serious blocking going on once it's all done though!
I hope you're all having a great week!