I did warn you I was a bit obsessed with making my Marcelle Medallion. And for those of you wondering if I'm actually sleeping at the moment? Let's just say there have been quite a few after-midnight bedtimes for me this week ;o)
I pieced together the orange/red bricks last night and then had a big moment of uncertainty. I considered replacing them with low volume bricks - but my IG peeps were the voice of reason. I stuck with the colour, and I am SO glad I did.
My camera (a very basic point and click) is having a few issues photographing the colours accurately - this photo is probably close to the true colours I think.
The wide border is a print from Anna Maria Horner's Good Folks that I had earmarked for this border the whole time I've been making it. It's a difficult print to use, since it's on such a large scale - but I think it works really well as a border print.
So, only two borders to go! I'm kind of surprised how quickly I'm putting this one together :o) Lest you think I've forgotten about the Full Moon Lagoon quilt, I haven't. I've been quilting it an hour or so at a time - so I'll do a progress post on that in the next few days.