You may remember this quilt I made toward the end of last year. It winged it's way halfway across the globe to a new home early this year. And then a month or so ago I received an email from someone who had seen it on Flickr and asked if I could make a cot sized one similar for a soon-to-be-grandchild. It just happened that when I made the first quilt, I also made a cot sized top as well, so it was simply a matter of ordering some backing fabric, quilting it up and binding it (I loooove a quick finish, even if it was kind of cheaty, since I'd already done the hard work ;o) )
I quilted it in an overall stipple, using white Gutermann thread (I didn't have any white Aurifil on hand). I've only been using Aurifil for quilting my last couple of quilts and I had no idea what a difference it had been making! The Gutermann was fine - my machine does like it, but my machine runs so much more smoothly and quietly with Aurifil. I definitely prefer Aurifil (and here is Oz it's actually a bit cheaper than Gutermann which is nice :o) )
Sorry about the full sun shot - it makes the quilting look really cool, but it washes out the quilt quite a lot. The shady shots I took were terrible!
A binding shot. I used the reverse machine binding method by The Quilting Edge. It is an awesome method for stitching down binding - the only thing I'd do differently is cut my binding strips wider next time (there was a few places I had to go back and restitch cos I'd missed the binding). I normally use 2.5" strips and trim my quilt top 1/4" away from the binding before stitching it down. If I'm going to use this method (which I will, it works perfectly) I'll either trim my quilt closer to the binding, or cut my strips 2.75" instead.
It's been posted off - again, across the globe which is really exciting - and ready to be gifted to a soon-to-be-mummy.