I would have really loved to free motion quilt this quilt, but I decided to save my shoulders and use my walking foot because of the massive size. It was a sensible decision - this is the biggest quilt I've made, and even walking foot quilting it was pretty tricky with the 7.5" throat space in my machine. I ended up quilting a rectangular crosshatch across the diamond design, but only extended the lines out in one direction into the background rather than cross hatching across the whole quilt. I really like the effect, and the texture is lovely. I used wool batting, so it has a little bit of puff and is incredibly warm and snuggly.
I'm hoping I'll be back later this week to share some of what I've been working on lately, and some quilts that my students have been making in the classes I've been teaching so far this year :o)